2232 - Ratchet-Handle Valve Spring Compressor
- Features automatic locking ratchet design and offset and staright adjustable jaws
- Can be used with one hand
- 9" (23cm) opening and 9" (23cm) depth
- MADE IN USA
- Adjust jaws to fit the valve spring retainers by turning thumbscrew.
- Place lever midway between its open and closed positions, place jaws on spring retainer, then turn the threaded post until its foot just contains the head of the valve. This is your initial setting for the application.
CAUTION: A compressed valve spring exerts a great deal of force. Wear safety glasses and be careful not to get your fingers pinched.
- While holding compressor in place squarely on valve, move the handle to its closed position. This should disengage the retainer enough to remove the split locks (keeper). If not, Tighten the threaded post adjustment.
NOTE: If retainer wont disengage from keepers, keep compressor in its closed position, then place a drift against the retainer and tap it with a hammer to break it free.
- With split locks removed (the use of a magnet is often helpful), move the lever slowly to its open position, then remove the retainer and tap it with a hammer to break it free.
- For reassembly, place spring and retainer over valve stem, compress spring, insert split locks, then carefully release compressor. Tap the end of the valve stem with a hammer to make sure the locks are properly seated.
NOTE: Valve stem oil seals are critical. Don’t forget them and be sure they are installed properly.
Write a requestFirst Name:
Message: Note: HTML is not translated!
Enter the code in the box below: