4000 - Ball Joint Service Set
- Same as #4004, but without 4WD adapters
- Contains press, 3 receiver tubes, installation, and removal adapters,
- Also services U-joints and heavy-duty truck brake anchor pins
- MADE IN USA
Ball Joint Removal and Installation
This tool set is designed for use on all cars and light trucks that have press-fit type ball joints. It will help the user remove and install ball joints without the need to remove the control arm from the vehicle.
NOTE: Some cars and light trucks may have the upper ball joint spot-welded to the control arm. The weld must be cut before attempting to remove the ball joint.
- Assemble the ball joint press over the control arm. Select the correct size receiving tube and position it under the vehicle ball joint.
- Tighten the forcing screw until the receiving tube contacts the control arm. Check the alignment of all tooling and components, and continue tightening the forcing screw until the ball joint is removed.
- Clean the control arm and coat the I.D. with a suitable lubricant.
- Insert the replacement ball joint as straight as possible into the vehicle control arm.
- Assemble the ball joint press components. Position the receiving tube, and tighten the forcing screw. Check the alignment of all tooling and components, and continue tightening the forcing screw until the ball joint is firmly seated.
Brake Anchor Pin Removal and Installation
- Remove all lock ring retainers from the brake anchor pins.
- Position the C-frame press over the brake spider.
- Tighten the forcing screw until the anchor pin is removed.
“U” Joint Assembly and Disassembly
The basic C-frame press is used to service the “U” joints on most cars and light trucks. The “U” joints can be serviced either on or off the vehicle.
- Remove any external and / or internal lock rings.
- Position the C-frame press around the drive shaft yoke, and tighten the forcing screw until the first bearing is removed.
- Reposition the C-frame and remove the second bearing.
- Clean all dirt and oil from the yoke area.
- Align the replacement bearing and C-frame press as straight as possible over the yoke. Press the replacement bearing into the yoke, and reassemble the external / internal lock ring.
- Reposition the C-frame press and second replacement bearing as straight as possible over the yoke, and the bearing into the yoke. Reassemble external / internal lock ring.
Write a requestFirst Name:
Message: Note: HTML is not translated!
Enter the code in the box below: