1515 - Heavy Duty Steering Wheel Puller
HEAVY DUTY STEERING WHEEL PULLER
- A must for removing the steering wheel for the replacement or to repair the directional signal switch, horn contacts, etc.
- Will not damage steering wheel or column.
- 5 sets of side bolts: 5/16"-18, 5/16"-24, 3/8"-16, 1/4"-28 & 8mm-1.25
- Yoke and center screw with pointed/removable adapter
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the horn button or ring. On some cars this is done by pressing down and rotating it counterclockwise. On others, it may be necessary to remove screws or nuts.
- Remove the nut that holds the wheel to the steering shaft.
- Using paint or a center punch, mark the position of the steering wheel on the shaft.
- Select the puller bolts that thread easily into the holes in the base of the steering wheel.
- Thread the puller screw through the puller nut, then place the tip on the screw. Mount the puller so that the tip bears on the steering shaft and the bolts go through the puller slots into the steering wheel base.
- Turn the puller screw until the steering wheel breaks free of the steering shaft.
CAUTION: During reinstallation, be certain the steering shaft nut is properly tightened. Use locking compound on the threads for extra safety.
Write a requestFirst Name:
Message: Note: HTML is not translated!
Enter the code in the box below: